Thursday, February 4, 2016

What is Crossfire?



Previously I worked on a customers system that had two ATI 4800 GPU's using Crossfire. It's a technology that ATI developed so up to four graphics cards can be used in a single computer to improve graphics. Crossfire has the advantage over Nvidias SLI (Scalable Linked Interface) where you don not need to have both cards the identical GPU. 

You'll usually only find systems that use Crossfire or SLI in high end gaming machines. The customer I recently visited had a quad core AMD processor running 3.2ghz, 8gb ram, 600gb HD, and CCL lighting galore in the case.....very nice.


1 comment:

  1. Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I would like to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.webprogrammierung berlin

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts on this post?